Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck accidents are awful. If you survive them, you’re likely severely injured both physically and emotionally. It’s something you wouldn’t wish on anyone. We understand the pain you’re in. We want to help. Please call our truck accident lawyers as soon as possible to set up a free consultation.
The difference between car and tractor trailer accidents can be big. Trucking companies, trucks, and their drivers are closely watched by the Department of Transportation so they are held to different standards in the event of an accident.
Truck drivers need special training and a special license to drive. They also train in how to load each type of truck they drive. A trucking firm can be found guilty if a driver does not follow federal and local rules.
Truckers and trucking companies must:
follow certain rules and guidelines which include but are not limited to:
Call us today if you have been injured in a truck accident by an 18-wheeler.
Truck Accident Injuries
Our personal injury lawyers are well-versed in FMCSA regulations and state laws surrounding the operation of big rigs. We thoroughly investigate the facts of your case and determine all sources of compensation that may be available from the trucking company, driver, parts manufacturer and other parties that may be responsible for your injuries. We use knowledgeable accident construction experts to investigate the cause of the collision and leave no stone unturned to find out exactly what happened. Our crash scene investigators will take photos, interview witnesses and examine vehicles to gather evidence and achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
What to Know about Truck Accidents
ruckers are held to high standards when it comes to driving. Any failure to follow strict rules and guidelines could hold them accountable for an accident.
Common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue: Between driving long hours, loading and unloading heavy loads, and working overtime, truck drivers are often fatigued. Fatigue can not only affect the driver’s ability to drive but also to judge how well he is driving. Federal guidelines establish how much sleep a driver must get. If they fall behind in a schedule, they should not make it up by driving while sleepy or by taking medications to keep from sleeping.
- Driving under the influence (DUI): Driving while under the effects of alcohol, drugs, or other substances is against the law.
- Bad weather: Poor weather – such as rain, fog, or even snow – may cause truck accidents. Big truck drivers may not see motorcyclists, cars, or pedestrians. In such cases, it may be hard to know who may be at fault for an accident, or if anyone was at fault at all. In times of bad weather, it is very important to be cautious and be aware of other drivers.
- Reckless driving: Truckers are expected to follow the rules just like any other driver. A truck driver may be found to be driving recklessly if they are texting while driving, following too closely, not using their mirrors, braking improperly, changing lanes quickly, or failing to use their turn signal.
- Jackknifing: One of the biggest causes of commercial truck accidents are braking problems that cause a big truck to jackknife. This problem usually occurs because the driver stomps the brakes while the truck is going at a high speed – this causes the entire truck, along with the trailers, to skid. If the truck and trailer skid long enough, the trailer will in all likelihood jackknife. Jackknifing can cause extreme destruction and loss of life.
Call our Truck Accident Lawyers Today
At Kegan Coleman Law Firm, PLLC, we take the time to properly research your case and assess the situation from every angle. We go far beyond the bare minimum and take advantage of our many resources – industry experts, focus groups, and powerful databases to name a few – to ensure that our case is built to withstand the opposition’s case. We do not cut corners, instead diligently and meticulously analyzing every aspect of the case to reach a favorable outcome.
We understand that you are likely struggling with physical injuries, financial burdens, and even emotional wounds. Our Oxford truck accident attorneys take your case seriously and make themselves available to you 24/7 to address any questions or concerns you may have.
If you need a reliable Mississippi truck accident lawyer to guide you through this difficult time, please call us. We want to help you get the results you deserve. Set up a free consultation with us today to get started.
There are several factors to consider when determining what your claim is worth. Generally, the more severe your injuries are, the more compensation you will receive, depending on whether you suffered permanent injury or disfiguration and how much medical treatment you need. Our personal injury attorneys handle negotiations with all insurance companies, and if we are unable to reach a fair settlement agreement, our experienced trial attorneys will fight for your rights in court.
We work on a contingency fee basis for all truck accidents and personal injury claims.